info@ravenoloil.ae |    +971 506336990

History



RAVENOL is the brand name of the Ravensberger Schmierstoffvertrieb GmbH which was founded in 1946 in the small town of Werther in Westphalia by Hans Triebel. Initially the company restricted its activities to the manufacture and sale of monograde engine oils and a selection of industrial cleaning products.

In 1964, with the modernization and expansion of the company, multigrade oils of SAE grades 10W-30 and 20W-50 were added to the range, whilst the range of car care products and cleaners was extended to include specialist items for bicycles and motorcycles. In the following years the range of car care products was steadily increased and the lubricants offered were extended to include the manufacture of semi-and fully synthetic oils.

The 1990s saw continuous expansion of sales activities at an international level and the RAVENOL brand gradually became known throughout many areas of the world. Nowadays, many businesses from the automotive, engineering, steel and construction sectors, as well as mining, agriculture and transport companies rely on RAVENOL-branded oils and lubricants, and RAVENOL products are now available to both commercial enterprises and motorists in over 80 countries.

We at RAVENOL recognise the growing demands being made by industries worldwide regarding diversity and quality, and are committed to extending and improving the RAVENOL product range. We understand that growth and modernisation is always a necessary ongoing process in order to be competitive in the increasingly complex technical lubricants market.

The strategy of sustained growth was underlined by a comprehensive re-launch of the brand in autumn 2012. This forward- thinking policy is especially visible in the new product packaging, which has been modernized and optimized in both design and function.

The strategy of sustained growth was underlined by a comprehensive re-launch of the brand in autumn 2012. This forward- thinking policy is especially visible in the new product packaging, which has been modernized and optimized in both design and function.

1946

The Ravensberger Schmierstoffvertrieb GmbH was established by Habisch and Triebel in Werther specializing in Monograde Oils, Greases and industrial cleaning agents.

 

1954

Registration of the brand name RAVENOL. Expansion of the product range to include industrial oils and coolants.

 

1964

Introduction of multi-grade oils. Expansion of the automotive and bicycle care product ranges.

 

1974

Construction and extension of the premises for the purpose of modernization and expansion of the production area.

 

1977

Construction of a new warehouse and office building with adjoining second phase of construction in 1985.

 

1985

Product range extended to include semi-synthetic and fully synthetic engine and gear oils. Expansion of the distribution network and the first brand re-launch.

 

1993

Intensification of international sales activities. Renewed modernisation of the production area.

 

2003

Expansion and modernisation of  the laboratories. Investment in new equipment to optimise the production of engine oils.

 

2004

Certification approval according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2000. First significant activity in global motorsport activities with racing lubricants. First appearances of the company at national and international trade fairs.

 

2005

Further expansion of global business. Laboratory certification according to DIN EN / IEC 17025:2005.

 

2011

Modernisation of the office and staff facilities. Certification to ISO / TS 16949:2009.

 

2012

Comprehensive Brand re-launch with modernised logo and new, futuristic design and optimisation of the product.